This is Part 2 of our conversation with Rachel Ferguson. She's the Director of the Liberty & Ethics Center and the Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise at Lindenwood University. She was also Andy's college Philosophy professor.
Unbeknownst to us before the night we recorded, our parents and Rachel's parents knew each other since the 1970's and were responsible for our dad "getting saved", so that was a very serendipitous connection.
In this part we talk about economics and politics, more so than we usually do on this podcast, including Rachel's forthcoming book, "Black Liberation Through the Marketplace".
During our talk Rachel referenced a near endless supply of books and other resources that are worth checking out, including...
- Rachel's own YouTube talk, "Jesus' Moral Revolution"
- This article and this article on the topic of hell
- Phil Vischer's video discussing the history of American Evangelicalism
- "Wandering in the Darkness" by Eleonore Stump
- "The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard
- "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck
- "God Behaving Badly" by David Lamb
- The Bible Project
- "Love Your Enemies" by Arthur C. Brooks
- "A Time to Build" by Yuval Levin
- "Toxic Charity" by Robert Lupton